Friday 21 May 2010

HANS RIDING THROUGH THE PAIN BARRIER

By Leandra Graves

Belle Vue star Hans Andersen will ride through the pain barrier with his damaged hip, to face his rivals in the third round of the Speedway Grand Prix in Prague this weekend.

After an awkward fall in the home match against the Poole Pirates on Monday, Andersen withdrew from the meeting and looked unlikely to race again before the GP in the Czech Republic.

However, the Danish ace lined up against his previous club at the Showground on Thursday evening. Despite the agonising pain, he didn’t let the fans down, providing a good night’s entertainment.

Speaking to the fans during the meeting he said “I feel like a passenger at the moment. I didn’t want to let my team down, that’s why I am riding tonight. I can’t ride the outside, so I will be hugging the kerb a lot. It’s not ideal to ride in this much pain after Monday’s accident. My hip is swollen and it’s feels like it’s electrocuting me when I go into the corners. Hopefully it will get better!”

The Dackarna and Torun rider went on to finish with 9 plus one points, with some tough battles with Aussie Troy Batchelor. It certainly appeared the 30 year old wanted to remind him who used to be boss around the Peterborough track!

Andersen will be looking for a much improved performance on Saturday in the GP. Currently lying in 11th place in the standings and missing out on the semi finals in both GPs, he will want to bounce back to mount a serious charge on the title. There is also the small matter of the first leg of the Danish Final next Friday at Vojens…

No comments:

Post a Comment